This article provides instructions for connecting BI Tools with your organization's Data Warehouse on a Windows 10 machine.
Before following the steps below, ensure you have:
- Purchased and activated the Data Warehouse feature.
- Reviewed the Data Warehouse Overview article.
- A Core user account with admin privileges enabled for the organization you wish to connect to Power BI.
- Access to your Data Warehouse domain URL, which you can find in your User Profile by following the steps in the Access Your Data Warehouse Settings article.
- Contacted Resolver Support to obtain the Amazon certificate required to complete the steps in section 2 below.
If you have trouble connecting to the Data Warehouse, speak to your IT department to allow outbound connections on TCP port 5432.
1. Import the Certificate
To import the Amazon certificate:
- Once you have the required Amazon certificate from Resolver Support, enter mmc in the Windows search box, then click Open to open the Microsoft Management Console.
- Click File > Add/Remove Snap-in...
- Select Certificates from the Available snap-ins pane on the left, then click Add to move it to the Selected snap-ins pane on the right.
- Click OK to close the window to return to the console.
- Expand Certificates - Current User in the pane to the right.
- Right-click Trusted Root Certification Authorities, then select All Tasks > Import to open the Certificate Import Wizard window.
- From the second screen of the installer, click Browse.
- Navigate to the saved location of the Amazon certificate, then click Open.
If you can't see the certificate file after clicking Browse, select All Files (*.*) from the dropdown menu at the bottom-right of the window.
- Complete the steps in the wizard, then close the console. It's not necessary to click Save when prompted.
2. Connect the Warehouse with Power BI
To establish a connection between the data warehouse and Power BI:
- Open Power BI.
- Click theGet Data icon.
- Select PostgreSQL database in the pane to the right, then click Connect.
- Follow the instructions in the Access Your Data Warehouse Settings article to access the data warehouse details from your Core user account page.
- Paste the Domain URL from your Core user page in the Server field.
- Paste the Database Name from your Core user page in the Database field.
- Click OK.
- Paste the username and password from your Core user page in the User name and Password fields.
- Click Connect to complete the process.
3. Connect to Tableau
To establish a connection between Data Warehouse and Tableau:
Select Connect - To a Server > More > PostgreSQL.
Follow the instructions in the Access Your Data Warehouse Settings article to access the data warehouse details from your Core user account page.
Paste the Domain URL from your Core user page in the Server field.
Paste the Database Name from your Core user page in the Database field.
Paste the username and password from your Core user page in the Username and Password fields.
Click Sign In.