The Incident Owner is responsible for opening investigations and assigning Investigators.
To document an investigation into an incident:
Go to the My Tasks page.
- Click an incident in the Under Investigation state to view the Incident details.
- Complete the following fields in the Details section, as needed:
- Investigation Start Date
- Investigation Close Date
- Complete the fields in these tabs below, noting that your user group may not be permitted to edit all fields within these sections:
- Action Plans & Logs
- Links & Attachments
- Root Causes/Outcomes.
- Scroll to the bottom of the form and click one of following buttons:
- Return: Returns the incident back to the Incident Owner in the Open state.
- Complete Investigation: Closes the incident because no further action is required. The incident can be viewed and reopened by the Incident Owner and the Incident Supervisor. Read more here: View and Reopen a Closed Incident.