An object is a record, while an object type is the category of that record. For example, Person is an object type, and the record, John Doe, is a Person object. The objects in Command Center capture important details about an activity and are linked together through relationships. The app has the following standard object types:
- Activity: The details of an activity, including officer responses, involvements, tasks, service requests, etc. Activities are created in Command Center or when a dispatch in the Dispatch application is closed. If a dispatch is flagged as requiring further action after it's closed, it's created in Command Center as an open activity. These objects are mandatory when creating new activities or dispatches.
- Activity Type: The category of the activity (e.g., lost property, disaster, or dangerous condition).
- Business Unit: A department or segment within your company.
- Item: An item involved in an activity or dispatch (e.g., stolen cell phone or weapon).
- Location: The location of the activity, officer's response, or task. These objects are mandatory when creating new activities or dispatches.
- Officer Response: Details of any officer responses on an activity, including the assigned officer(s), call signs, locations, and key dates and times.
- Organization Response: Details of any organization responses on an activity, including the organization name and type, and key dates and times.
- Organization: An involved organization or the organization that responded to an activity or dispatch (e.g., ambulance or law enforcement).
- Person: The dispatchers, officers, or people involved in an activity or dispatch. Dispatchers, officers, or administrators working in the Dispatch application must have their own person object in Command Center. These objects are mandatory when creating new activities or dispatches.
- Service Request: Details of activity-related work to be completed by an organization, including the organization name and type, request type and description, and assigned date and time.
- Vehicle: A record of company vehicles and/or vehicles involved in an activity of dispatch.
With the exception of Activity, Officer Responses, Organization Responses, and Service Requests, all objects from the above list are library objects, which are reference objects specific to your organization that capture important details about an activity. Library objects are typically created as part of your implementation, but Command Center administrators with the appropriate permissions can create or edit library objects.
For an overview of the forms and fields for each object type, see the Form Fields & Elements article.