User groups control the data users can access and how they can interact with it. The following is a list of the standard user groups available in Command Center. Note that users can belong to more than one user group.
- Command Center Administrator: Users in this group can create, view, and edit library and activity and activity-related objects, view reports, create new user accounts in the app and Dispatch application, and add users to user groups.
- Activity Owner: Users in this group can create new activities and view and edit existing activities and their related objects. These users can also create tasks, manage service requests, and view reports.
- Dispatch User: Users in this group can access the Dispatch application via a tab in Command Center. See the Configure a New Dispatch User article for more information.
- Command Center Portal: Users in this group can only access the Command Center portal to create new activities. If an activity owner flags a portal user's activity as requiring follow-up or assigns a portal user to a task, the portal user view and edit those task and activity objects.
|If your organization is synced with LDAP, any instance of adding or removing users to a user group will need to be done from LDAP itself. If made in Core, any changes could be reverted during the next LDAP sync.|
To add a user to a user group:
- Create a new user by following the instructions in the Create a New Command Center User article. If the user should have Dispatch access, see the Create a New Dispatch User article.
- Click theicon in the top bar to display the Admin section. If theicon is not visible, your account does not have administrative privileges enabled.
- Click User Groups in the People section.
- Locate the appropriate user group, entering keywords in the search field if necessary, then click on it to display the Edit User Group page.
- Begin typing the name of the user in the Search for User(s) field, then click to select the account from the results. Continue adding more users as required.
- Click Add Selected.
- To remove a user from the group, click the x beside the user's name, then click Yes to confirm.
Users who are logged in at the time they’re added to or removed from a user group will need to log out then log back in before the changes are applied.