The Actions element allows end-users to open a specified form or data visualization (including Data Analytics Export reports) by clicking a button on a standard form.
This element type is useful when the user needs to complete or print related forms throughout a process, they would benefit from being able to view report data while working in an object, or they need a summary of object data for further analysis.
Form actions include:
- Open a form: Opens a standard form related to the object type.
- Open a data visualization: Opens a report or data grid related to the object type.
- Export Data: Opens a report that allows users to export object data from the form's object type.
- Open Assessment Scoping: Opens a navigation form that allows users to view, filter, and add focus objects to an assessment.
- Open Assessment Rescoping: Opens a navigation form that allows users to add additional objects to a previously launched assessment.
Because each form action requires data from the originating object, actions should only be added to forms for existing objects. Clicking an action button on a form still in the Creation state will display blank, read-only forms or reports with no data. If the Open Assessment Scoping action is added to a standard form for a new assessment, it will not be displayed until the assessment has been created.