The Analyze Text (Intelligent Triage) feature evaluates the contents of the Observation field on an incident form and automatically identifies entities (People, Organizations, Places, Facilities, Dates, and Time). Incident screeners can then confirm each entity and link it to existing objects, manually tag an entity, and/or create new objects, all of which will then create a relationship (involvement) on the incident and auto-populate the associated fields on the form.
For information on the involvements captured through Intelligent Triage, see the Intelligent Triage Entities article. For information on enabling this feature on the form, see the Enable Text Analysis article.
- This feature is designed for Corporate Security customers triaging incidents through the Incident Management app and requires specific forms, objects, fields, and relationships before it can be used. Contact your Customer Success Manager for more information.
- Only plain text fields are analyzed.
- Analyze Text must be enabled by Resolver Support on your org, then enabled on the specific form and fields by an administrator. See the Enable Text Analysis article for more information.
This article provides an overview of the available entities in Intelligent Triage. For instructions on using this feature, see Use Intelligent Triage to Tag Entities.
Intelligent Triage uses the Analyze Text feature to flag possible entities on an incident, reducing the amount of work required to create involvements on new or existing objects. Entities include:
- People: Can include witnesses, people of interest, first responders, or law enforcement. Involved people appear in the Who section of the Intel Summary and are highlighted in yellow.
- Organizations: Can include organizations of interest, reporting organizations, or responding service agencies. Involved organizations appear in the Who section of the Intel Summary and are highlighted red.
- Places: Geographical locations, which can include cities, street addresses, zip or postal codes, and geocoordinates. Potential matches for existing location objects are based on a text-based search of keywords only. Places can be paired with facilities (a known building or location) to create a single mapping, which can improve the reporting data and future search results. Involved locations appear in the Where section of the Intel Summary and are highlighted in red.
- Facilities: Known physical locations (e.g., an office building or restaurant). This entity type should be used when referencing a location, rather than a company. For example:
I went had lunch at ABC Restaurant - ABC Restaurant is a Facility.
I work for ABC Restaurant Corp. - ABC Restaurant Corp is an Organization.
Facilities can be paired with places to reference their geographical locations to create a single mapping, which can improve the reporting data and future search results. Involved facilities appear in the Where section of the Intel Summary and are highlighted in red.
Dates: Can include observed dates and times, incident start or end dates, follow-up dates, etc. Clicking on a highlighted date will retrieve the form's date fields for the current user's role and the incident's workflow state, where you can refine the date from the calendar picker, and optionally pair one or more date-related fields (e.g., Observed Date/Time) to the selected date. Dates appear in the When section of the Intel Summary and are highlighted in blue.
Times: Can include observed dates and times, incident start or end dates, follow-up dates, etc. Intelligent Triage will highlight specific times (e.g., 9:35 am) as well as less-specific times (e.g., a few weeks ago). Clicking on a highlighted time will display the closest date, which can then be refined in the calendar picker and paired to the appropriate date field. Times appear in the When section of the Intel Summary and are highlighted in blue.
Any entities recognized by Intelligent Triage are automatically assigned an entity type and are highlighted in grey. You can view or change the entity type by clicking the grey text to display the Tagged As dropdown menu.
To confirm an entity, click the grey-highlighted text to display potential matching objects. For example, if you clicked John Doe, it would be tagged as a Person and would show exact or partially matching Person objects. If the tag is incorrect, select a different entity from the Tagged As dropdown menu, which will refresh the search results in the palette.
If an existing object matches the entity, click Create Involvement below that object in the palette. To create a new record, click Create [Entity Type] to create a new library object with an involvement on the current incident.
Unconfirmed entities that have not been added as an involvement will remain highlighted in grey, but will not be saved to the incident. Once an involvement has been created from the Intelligent Triage screen, it can only be removed from the incident form.
If an entity wasn't automatically recognized by Intelligent Triage, highlight the text with your cursor, then select an entity type from the Tagged As dropdown menu. Doing so will display any matching entity records or allow you to create a new one.
To use Intelligent Triage:
- Open an Incident object in the Triage state.
- Select a Primary Incident Type to display the involvement fields.
Administrators select which entity/involvement fields are populated from Intelligent Triage.
- Click the ellipsis icon at the top-right of the form, then click Analyze Text to display the Intelligent Triage screen.
- Review the text highlighted in grey, which have been identified as possible entities.
- Click the grey-highlighted text to display possible matching objects and the tagged entity type. For example, if you clicked John Doe, it would be tagged as a Person, and would show any exact or partially matching Person objects. If the tag is incorrect, select a different entity from the Tagged As dropdown menu, which will refresh the search results in the palette.
For more detailed information on the different entity types and how they're tagged, see Intelligent Triage Entities.
- If an existing object matches the entity, click Create Involvement below that object. To create a new record, click Create [Entity Type], which will create a new library object with an involvement on the current incident.
For Date and Time entities, there will not be a Create [Entity Type] button. Instead, users will be able to directly edit the date using a calendar picker and will be able to create a timeline by entering a custom time, or selecting pre-created options.
- If an entity was not automatically tagged, highlight the text with your cursor, select an entity type from the Tagged As dropdown menu, then repeat step 6.
- Continue to repeat the above steps, as needed. Saved involvements appear in the Intel Summary section.
Involvements saved to an incident through Intelligent Triage can only be removed from the Incident form on the previous page.
- When finished, click Return To Incident.
To enable text analysis on a form:
- Review the list of important notes on the Analyze Text (Intelligent Triage) Overview article.
- Click theicon in the top bar > Configurable Forms in the Views section.
- Click the form you want to edit or enter the name of the form in the Search field, then click it to display the Edit Configurable Form page.
- Click the icon at the top-right of the Form Canvas to display the Edit Form Action Menu.
- Click the icon beside Analyze Text.
- Select the plain text fields for text analysis.
- Click Done when finished.