The Incident Owner can open an investigation and assign an Investigator to explore an incident further.
|Investigations are only available for certain incident types. If the Open Investigation button is not visible on the Incident Review form, this incident type cannot be investigated.|
To open an investigation:
Log into a user account from the Incident Owner user group.
Click the dropdown in the nav bar > Incident Management to display the Incidents activity.
- Click an open incident to open the Incident form.
- Click the Primary Incident Type field, begin typing keywords, then click to select the relevant option.
- Enter additional details of the incident, as required. Read more here: View and Edit Assigned Incidents.
- In the Incident Actions section (bottom of the screen), click the View Investigation button.
- In the Investigator field, begin typing investigator usernames, then click to select the relevant person.
- Click Open Investigation.
- You can also open an investigation by clicking the header card workflow select list, then Open an Investigation.
- Once an investigation is opened, the Incident Owner will be able to view, but not edit, the incident.
- The incident will move to the Under Investigation state and an email will be sent to the assigned Investigator with a link to the incident.