The Incident Owner can open an investigation and assign an investigator to explore an incident further.
|Investigations are only available for certain incident types. If the Open Investigation button is not visible on the Incident Review form, this incident type cannot be investigated.|
To open an investigation:
Log into a user account that's been added to the Incident Owner user group.
Click the dropdown in the nav bar > Incident Management to display the Incidents activity.
- Click an open incident to open the Incident Review form.
- Click the Primary Incident Type field, begin typing keywords to display a list of available options, then click to select the appropriate option.
- Enter additional details of the incident, as required. For more information on editing an incident, see View and Edit Assigned Incidents.
- Click the Investigator field, begin typing investigator usernames to display a list of available options, then click to select the appropriate person.
- Click Open Investigation.
Once an investigation is opened, the Incident Owner will be able to view, but not edit, the incident. The incident will move to the Under Investigation state and an email will be sent to the assigned investigator with a link to the incident.