The Data Import Feature is the source of truth for documentation and data within Resolver. Administrators can perform various tasks using the Data Import feature (e.g., Risk and Control Self Assessments, Tracking Incidents, creating or updating Objects, adding new user access restrictions, etc.). The Data Import feature uses Excel spreadsheets with organized tabs to upload information into the system.
User Account Requirements
The user account you use to log into Resolver must have Administrator permission to access the Data Imports feature.
- The Data Import templates can include up to 15 MB of data.
- Zip files can upload up to 500 MB of data from a single attachment.
- If a zipped file contains multiple attachments with an average size of less than 1 MB, up to 200 MB is accepted.
Users can import .JPEG, .JPG, .GIF, and .PNG files using the Data Import feature by entering the file path and name for the imported image file in the Image Attachment column on the Data Import Template. The Image Attachment column will appear for any Object Type with an Image Attachment field.
- The following image file types can be included within the Data Import template:
- The Data Import template can also include up to 500 MB per image zip file.
- You can include up to 200 MB per image files within the Data Import template.
Data Import Tips
- Select the Defer processing of formula and permission calculations to postpone formula and permission recalculations when the Data Import Template file contains more than 50,000 Objects to prevent delays in the data upload.
- Administrators cannot delete existing property, field, role, or workflow data by entering a blank value in the spreadsheet.
- Field, Role, or Workflow with existing data will be overwritten with the new values enter into the Data Import template.
- Data Import does NOT support assessment data (point-in-time reference that copies the Data Import’s static library data to complete the assessment).
- Do not change any auto-generated headers in rows 1-4 of the Data Import spreadsheet, as it will cause an error when the template uploads.
- Workflow transitions and actions are not activated on imported objects.
- The Data Import cannot create new Object Types, Fields, or Relationships.