User groups determine the applications and fields users can access within the Incident Management app. The app has seven default user groups:
- Portal Access: Users in this group can access the portal where they can submit incidents, review draft incidents, or amend incidents that were sent back for them from the Incident Screener. This user group also provides an area for occasional users across all applications to perform work. This includes task owners, issue owners, BOLO report broadcasts and Announcements.
- Officer: Users in this group can create, monitor and update incidents in the same way that users in the Portal Access user group can, though they cannot close them.
- Incident Screener: Users in this group are responsible for managing incidents in the Triage state, including assigning incident owners, supervisors, or investigators.
- Incident Owner: Users in this group review incidents for accuracy and completion and can close the incident, return it to the Triage, or open an investigation. In some cases, incident owners can also create their own incidents. The Incident Owner of an incident has exclusive access to the entire record, including related data, and thus this is the central user group within Incident Management.
- Incident Investigator: These users examine the root cause and outcome of an incident and can create cases for in-depth investigations. Investigators add interviews and evidence, and link the incident to related incidents and persons.
- Incident Supervisor: These users manage incidents in a Closed or Review state.
- Case Manager: These users investigate incidents, persons, and locations in the Cases activity.
- Administrator (Incident Management): These users oversee the Incident Management app, view all incident data, and are responsible for adding users and Library objects.