A report view is required in order to display a report to end-users within an activity. See the Reports section for more information on creating reports.
To create a report view:
- If needed, open the activity you wish to add the view to by clicking theicon in the top bar > Applications in the Application Management section, then clicking the application and activity to show the Edit Activity page.
- Click the Add View in the Views section.
- Enter the name of the view in the Name field, which will appear as a header below the view.
- Optional: Enter a description in the Description field, which will appear when a user has opened the view. If necessary, apply Markdown formatting to the text. To view popular formatting styles, click theicon beside Basic Markdown Formatting.
- Select an object type or assessment from the Object Type or Assessment dropdown menu to specify which objects will be available in the view.
- Select one or more assessment or object type states from the Workflow States dropdown menu to specify which objects or instances will be displayed, based on their current states.
- Select Report from the View Action dropdown menu.
- Select a previously created report from the Define Report to Show dropdown menu.
- Select either Show view title when empty or Hide view title when empty from the Display Options dropdown menu to show or hide the view's title from the activity when it has no data to display.
- Click Create.
- Follow steps 2-10 above to continue creating more views as needed.
- To reorder how the views appear in the activity and left navigation menu, click and drag the icon beside a view.
- To edit the view's name, description, view action, or form, click the icon.
- To delete the view, click the icon, then Yes to confirm.