|Dispatch users are created in the Command Center app. For more information, see the Create a New Dispatch User article in the Command Center Administrator's Guide.|
To configure a new Dispatch user:
Click Settings > Users.
- Click to select the user in the left-side pane. If the user isn't appearing in the settings, contact a Command Center administrator to ensure the account has been correctly created in the app.
- Click the icon to activate the user's account. By default, all new user accounts are inactive. Note that Inactive officers can’t be assigned as Record Owners, because the user Search box filters those accounts from incident report follow ups.
- Optional: Enter the user’s email address and/or mobile phone number in the Primary Email and Mobile Phone fields.
- Select one or more of the following User Access section options:
- Administrator: Grants the user administrative privileges.
Reviewer: Allows the user to view the dispatches’ details in their assigned operational zone, as well as send and receive messages (but they can't perform any other actions in Dispatch).
Connect Access: Grants the user the ability to log into and configure Connect settings, using their Dispatch username and password. They may log in as a dispatcher, administrator, or reviewer, depending on any additional selected options.
Allow add Locations on the Fly: Lets the user create temporary locations. Read more here: Quick Add Locations.
By default, all users will have a standard dispatcher/officer account unless otherwise specified in the User Access section.
- Under Accessible Operational Zones, select the checkboxes by the operational zone(s) the user accesses.
- If the user is a dispatcher, the checkbox(es) will determine the operational zones in which they can manage dispatches, tasks, and officers.
- If the user is an officer, the checkbox(es) will determine which teams and work zones they can work in.
- Optional: For dispatchers, select an operational zone (automatically set when they log in) and work zone (default created in a new dispatch) from the Operational Zone and Work Zone dropdown menus.
If the user is an officer, select the default work zones, team, and/or call sign of the user under Defaults. These selections will appear automatically when bringing an officer on duty, but these selections can be changed as needed.