A text field allows users to enter a single line or multiple lines of plain text or rich text formatting, depending on the field’s settings, with optional concatenations.
To create a text field:
- Click theicon in the top bar > Fields in the Data Model section.
- Click Create Field.
- Hover your cursor over the Plain Text field type, then click Create Field.
- Enter a name for the field as it will appear on an object type in Field Name.
- Optional: If needed, provide additional information or instructions on completing the field in the Long Name section, which can be styled using Markdown. You can choose to display a field’s long name on configurable forms.
- Select one of the following text types:
- Single Line: For a single line of plain text.
- Multiple Lines: For multiple lines or paragraphs of plain text.
- Rich Text Format: For up to 20,000 characters in an RTF editor. See the Rich Text Formatting article for more information.
- Optional: To enter character requirements for single or multiple line text types:
- Enter a minimum number of characters the user must enter in the field. If you select a maximum number of characters in step 7 below, the minimum number must be less than or equal to the maximum.
- Enter a maximum number of characters the user can enter in the field. If you selected a minimum number of characters in step 6 above, the maximum number must be greater than or equal to the minimum.
- Click Create to will display the Editing Field page.