A data grid is a data visualization that displays object data in a spreadsheet-style format. Users accessing a data grid through a view can sort, filter, and edit data, as well as show or hide columns, click through pages, and adjust column width or the number of rows displayed per page. For more information on accessing the grid as an end-user, see the View a Data Grid article.
The following data can be selected to appear in a grid:
- Properties: The objects' properties, including Name, Unique ID, Description, External Reference ID, Created By, Created On, Modified By, Modified On, and Assessment Dimensions.
- Fields: The values in the objects' text, numeric, date and time, and single and multi-select list fields. Depending on the user's workflow permissions, fields can be edited if they're not marked as read-only.
- Relationships/References: The names of relationship or reference objects.
- Workflow State: The current workflow state of the objects.
- Roles: Displays the users who have been added to an object via the role field on a form.
- Assessment Type: The name of related assessment object types as they're saved in the administrative settings.
You can also apply parameters that use workflow states, formula ranges, select list options, dates, or roles to filter what data is displayed on the grid. Parameters can be applied using any of the relationships saved to the grid's selected data definition.