When Connect sends an alarm into Dispatch for the operational zone you’re currently working in, it’ll appear in the Alarms panel with a Received status. By default, audio and toast (pop-up) notifications are enabled in the Notifications settings.
Once an alarm is received you can perform the following actions:
Acknowledge: Confirm receipt of the alarm.
- Escalate: Create a new dispatch using the dispatch template selected in Connect for the alarm type or add the alarm details to an active dispatch.
- Close: Closes the alarm and removes it from the panel.
- Comment: Opens the conversation related to the alarm and joins the currently logged in user to that conversation. By default, the user selected in the Handled By (Initiated By Person) in the template used to create the alarm is automatically added to the conversation.
Reset Alarms: If your administrator has created a visual alert (an alert that defines the amount of time an alarm can remain in its current state), resetting the alarm will move the counter back to 0:00:00.
To manage alarms:
- Click Alarms in the ribbon to open the Alarms panel.
- To acknowledge an alarm, select the alarm, then click in the panel, or right-click the alarm, then click Acknowledge.
To escalate an alarm:
- Select the alarm, click in the panel, or right-click the alarm, then click Escalate.
- To create a new dispatch using the dispatch template selected for the alarm, ensure the New Dispatch tab is selected, then click Escalate.
- To add the alarm details to an existing active dispatch, click the Existing Dispatch tab, enter the dispatch number you wish to associate the alarm with, then click Escalate.
- To close an alarm from the alarm details:
Click in the panel, or right-click the alarm, then click Close.
- Enter any notes about why the alarm is being closed in the Notes field.
- Click Close.
- To join the alarm-related conversation, click in the panel, or right-click the alarm, then click Comment to open the conversation in a new panel.
- To reset the alarm alert timer to 0:00:00 click in the panel, or right-click the alarm, then click Reset Alert.