- Core Administrators must create a Data Import Template with their company’s existing data. Even if starting without formal reporting in place, the Data Import Template provides a brainstorming outlet for Admins about their previous incidents (e.g., an on-site theft), as they populate the spreadsheet with what information they currently have.
- The Core Data Import settings will generate a Data Import Template that contains:
- Separate worksheet tabs for each object type and relationship added to the template
- Columns for each supported component in Core.
- After generating the Import Template, administrators then enter their company’s library data in the relevant tabs and re-upload the spreadsheet into Core.
|The import template doesn’t automatically generate columns for the Location property. To successfully import location data, these columns must be added manually. See more: Import Location Data.|
To generate a Data Import Template:
- Click theicon in the top bar > Tools > Data Import.
- Scroll down to the Export Data Import Template section.
- Select all the object types and relationships you wish to add to the template.
- Click Export to download the template as an Excel spreadsheet. Note: If you selected many object types and relationships, there may be a delay before the download begins.
- Click the file at the bottom of your browser to open the Data Import template.
- The default filename is your organization's name with the date the template was generated.
|The Export button will be grayed out if no object types or relationships are selected in Core.|