A numeric field allows users to type numbers into a form. These fields can also be configured to display trending data when added to a standard form on an object type.
To create a numeric field:
- Click theicon in the top bar > Fields in the Data Model section.
- Click Create Field.
- Hover your cursor over the Numeric field type, then click Create Field.
- Enter a name for the field as it will appear on an object type in Field Name.
- Optional: If needed, provide additional information or instructions on completing the field in the Long Name section, which can be displayed on configurable forms.
- Optional: Enter a minimum number of characters the user must enter in the field. If you select a maximum number of characters in step 7 below, the minimum number must less than or equal to the maximum.
- Optional: Enter a maximum number of characters the user can enter in the field. If you selected a minimum number of characters in step 6 above, the maximum number must less than or equal to the minimum.
Though the Number Type dropdown displays Number, Currency, Percent, and Phone Number, only Number can be selected, as the remainder of the options are currently in beta testing.
- Use the Preview section to confirm the field is correct.
- Click Create.