Trending tables display single select list, numeric field, and formula data in a line graph or table on standard configurable forms and repeatable forms, allowing users to analyze how objects or values change over multiple timeframes. For example, trending tables could be used by:
- Risk users to compare the current risk score to previous risk scores within a specific timeframe.
- Risk executives to run a repeatable form on a report to review how their top 10 risks are trending.
- Incident users to compare the number incidents logged at a specific location and timeframe.
- Users who review dashboard reports to identify important trends in the data (e.g., Incidents by Location).
Trending data can be configured for daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, bi-annual, or annual timeframes. Clicking Show More will populate additional trending data on both a trending table and line graph, if available.
- When selecting a timeframe, note that:
- The trending form element only shows historical values. For example, if you're reviewing monthly trends and the current date is May 19, 2019, the most recent value displayed would be for April 2019.
- The data displayed uses values that are valid at the end of the timeframe. For example, the monthly value for March 2019 is based upon the valid data that was available at 11:59 p.m. on March 31, 2019.
- These elements are populated using available data only. For example, if there is only enough data to populate three values for the selected timeframe, only three values will be displayed.
- Some organizations may not have enough data to use this feature for longer timeframes (i.e., quarterly, bi-annually, and annually).
- For best results:
- Add two to three, but no more than ten trending elements per form.
- Add no more than 100 trending elements across all repeatable forms. For example, if a report has 25 repeatable form objects, there should be no more than 4 trending objects per repeatable form for a total of 100.
To display trending data on a standard form:
- Ensure the object type selected for the form has a single select list, numeric field or formula added to its components. Note that recently added fields or formulas may not have enough data for longer timeframes.
- Create or navigate to appropriate standard form.
- Drag and drop the field or formula from the Form Elements palette to a section on the canvas.
- Hover your cursor over the field or formula, then click theicon to open the Edit Component Display window.
- Click the icon beside Enable Trending Table.
- Choose how the data will be displayed by selecting Table, Line Graph, or Both in the Format section.
- Select a timeframe for the trending data in the Timeframe section.
Trending tables and line graphs only show available data. For example, if there is only enough data to populate three values within a selected timeframe, only three values will be displayed. See the Important Notes section above for more information on the timeframes.
- Click Close when finished.