The Resolver Core LDAP Sync tool syncs user and user group membership data from an LDAP directory into a single Core org. Once the required information has been entered and saved, syncing can be done manually by clicking Sync or by creating a scheduled task via Windows Task Scheduler once the configurations are saved in the UI.
The diagram below gives an overview of how the LDAP tool interacts with the Core application and the customer's environment.
Important notes and requirements:
Before using the LDAP Sync tool, review the following list of requirements:
- At this time, this tool should be run with the assistance of Resolver Support.
- .NET Framework 4.6.1 or later must be installed on the current machine.
- A Core admin or support member must generate an API key for the desired org by following the instructions in the Create an API Key article.
- Data can be synced into only one Core org at a time, based on the API key.
- The sync process creates users and adds or removes them from user groups. It does not delete users and it cannot create or delete user groups.
- Users are added or removed from groups provided the names of those user groups match exactly. As such, the user groups must be created in Core and LDAP prior to running the tool.
- A scheduled task can be created using the Command Line version of this tool. This utilizes a different .exe file which pulls configurations and parameters from the shared ConnectionConfig.json file. Note that the settings must first be saved to the UI version and the .json file must exist in the same directory as the UI and Command Line versions.
- This article does not provide instructions on configuring LDAP directories or obtaining connection information to input into the tool. For more information, contact your LDAP administrator or visit the LDAP website.