Our new Dashboard feature is available upon request for the initial launch phase. Please contact your Customer Success Manager if you'd like to schedule implementation with our Services team.
Resolver’s Dashboard Builder allows Administrators to build custom Dashboards using the Dashboard Data Sets published within their Org.
Before using the Dashboards feature, at least one Dashboard Data Set needs to be created and published.
Combo Charts allow users to layer multiple XY Charts (Bar Charts, Line Charts, and Symbol Charts) in a single Chart. Combo Charts consist of one shared dimension or Category and multiple measures or Values and are used to compare different metrics grouped by the same category.
All changes or edits made to a Chart are globally applied across all instances of the Chart unless you duplicate the Chart and apply changes or edits to the duplicated Chart.
User Account Requirements
The user account you use to log into Resolver must have Administrator permission to use the Dashboard Data Set Builder.
To create a new Dashboard Data Set, please follow the link below:
After creating a Dashboard Data Set, the user must publish it before it can be used with the Dashboard Data Set Builder. Please follow the link below for more information on Publishing a Dashboard Data Set.
To add styles to your Chart, please follow the link below:
Please see the corresponding articles below for Information on Adding a Chart Type not covered by these instructions.
- Adding a Chart to a Dashboard
- Adding a Multi-Series Chart to a Dashboard
- Adding a Table to a Dashboard
- Adding a Crosstab to a Dashboard
- Adding a Heatmap to a Dashboard
- Adding a Map to a Dashboard
- Adding a Box and Whiskers Chart to a Dashboard
- From the Home screen, click on the System icon.
- From the Admin Overview screen, click on the Dashboard Builder tile under the Advanced Reporting section.
Dashboard Data Sets Tile
- From the Dashboard Builder screen, click on a Dashboard Name.
Adding a Combo Chart to a Dashboard
- From the Canvas Layout screen, click the Add Chart button.
Add a Chart Button
- From the Chart screen, click on a Dashboard Data Set from the Data Panel.
Only published Dashboard Data Sets will appear on the Data Panel.
Dashboard Data Set
- Click in the Chart Header (Untitled Chart) field and enter a Chart Name. The first 36 characters will show in the Chart Header.
Chart Header and Description
- Click in the Add Description field and enter a Chart Description. The Chart Description will appear on the Data Panel under the Chart section and pop up when hovering your cursor over a Chart Name.
- Select the Combo Chart tile from the Charts panel.
- Dashboard Data Set Categories and Values will appear under the Dashboard Data Set Name on the Data Panel.
- Categories (Blue): Categories are text and data columns used to group data (e.g., Sales Region, Department Name, Order Dates, etc.).
- Values (Green): Values are numeric columns used to calculate data. Values can also be aggregated (e.g., Average Price Per Product, Total Sales Revenue, etc.).
- Categories and Values have a Data Type icon next to the Dashboard Data Set Name. Data Type icons indicate the Category and Value Data Type:
- Drag and drop a Category from the Data Panel onto the Category section at the bottom of the Chart (traditional x-axis) or within the Category field at the top.
Drag and Drop a Category
- The Category data will populate the Chart. Data will populate the Chart after adding a Category or Value that has data to the Chart.
- Drag and drop a Value from the Data Panel into the Value section at the Side of the Chart (traditional y-axis) or within the Value field at the top.
Drag and Drop a Value
- Drag and drop a second Category from the Data Panel onto the Other Values field at the top.
- (Optional) Add multiple Categories or Values to the Other Values field to add further dimensions to the Chart.
- When multiple Categories or Values are added to the Other Values field or Values field, each value will appear under the Styles panel, allowing users to apply styles to each value individually.
Other Value Styles
- (Optional) Please see the Adding Styles to a Chart article to add styles to your Chart.
- The Categories and Values will create the Combo Chart in the Dashboard Canvas.
- Click the Save Chart button to save your changes.