Free form text is a data visualization element that allows you to add additional text, with optional formatting, to a report canvas.
To add free form text to a report:
- In the Elements section, click the icon beside Display to show the available elements.
- Drag and drop Free Form Text from the Elements section to the Report Canvas.
- Hover your cursor over the free form text element, then click the icon to open the Edit Free Form Text palette.
- Enter the text in the Content field.
- Optional: Apply Markdown formatting to the text. To view popular formatting styles, click the icon next to Basic Markdown Formatting.
- Click Done when finished.
- Repeat the steps above to continue adding more free form text elements to the report as needed. Once multiple elements are on the Report Canvas, you can rearrange them by hovering your cursor over the element, then clicking the icon and dragging the element to a new location on the canvas. To delete an element, hover your cursor over it, then click the icon.