An assessment table displays previous assessment data in a table on a standard form. The data in the table is pulled from the five most recently modified instances of the object currently displayed on the form, helping users better understand how data has changed over time and across different assessments.
This table in enabled in the settings for a plain text, numeric, select list, formula, or date and time field element on a standard form. To define what data is displayed in the form, administrators select data from the object type and assessments (properties, fields, dimensions, raw data [the numeric data of a select list] and trending data).
Users can click on data in this table to display the instance form in a palette, using either its default form or a form selected in the workflow permissions for the object type. Up to five instances will appear on the table. If a user doesn't have permission to view the instances, they will not appear in the table.
For example, with the assessment table enabled on a Risk object type form, opening that form for Risk 3 (R-3) will display the name and business units from the assessments where the instances were created. Clicking data in a cell will open the related instance in a palette (e.g. R-3.1, R-18, etc.), allowing you to review how that risk is being assessed across the organization.
To enable the assessment table on a standard form:
- If the form is not already open, click the icon in the top bar > Configurable Forms in the Views section, then select a form.
- If the field has not already been added:
- Hover your cursor over the field, then click the icon to display the Edit Component Display screen.
- Click the icon beside Enable Assessment Table.
- Select one of the following options from the dropdown menu to determine what will be displayed in the data:
- Raw Value: The numeric value (with no label) of a select list field on which the table has been enabled (e.g. displaying the data from the "Control self-assessment" field, from which the table was enabled).
- Trending: Displays up or down arrows on the form to indicate whether the field added to the table is in an upwards (higher numeric value) or downwards (lower numeric value) trend. To display trending data in this option, the other field selected in the table must contain numeric data (e.g. select lists, formulas, or numeric fields).
- Assessment Name: The name of the assessment from which the instance(s) was created.
- Properties: The properties of the assessment (e.g. Name, Unique ID, Description, etc.).
- Fields: Any fields added to the object type or assessment.
- Dimensions: The dimensions of the assessment where the instance(s) were created.
- Click Add Selected to add the option to the table.
- Continue adding options as needed.
- Click Close to return to the form canvas.