The Date & Time field allows users to select the date or the date and time from a pop-out calendar. From this calendar, you can type a year or use the dedicated arrows to select one, select a month from the arrows or the dropdown menu, and select a day by clicking it. To choose a time, use the arrows, or type the exact hour, minutes, and AM or PM in the fields. All dates and times are stored and displayed in UTC format.
|Once this field type is created and saved, you can make adjustments to the date's display format; however, you cannot add or remove the time from the format without deleting then recreating the field.|
To create a date and time field:
- Click theicon in the top bar > Fields in the Data Model section.
- Click Create Field.
- Hover your cursor over the Date & Time field type, then click Create Field.
- Enter a name for the field as it will appear on an object type in Field Name.
- Optional: If needed, provide additional information or instructions on completing the field in the Long Name section, which can be displayed on configurable forms.
- Select the date and time format from the Date & Time Format dropdown menu. Note that once the field is created, you will not be able to edit the format to include or remove the time.
- Use the Preview section to confirm the field is correct. Click the field to preview how the date and time will be displayed.
- Click Create.