Setting an officer’s location will help you keep track of that officer when assigning tasks and sending officers to the scene of an activity.
To set an officer’s location:
- Click an officer’s name in the Officers panel. To select multiple officers, hold down the Ctrl or Shift keys, then click the officers.
- Click or right-click the officer's name and select Set Location.
- Click the icon in the search field to open the map.
- Select a location using one of the following methods:
- Enter search criteria in the Search locations field to find a saved location;
- Click a pin on the map to select that location; or
- Create a new location by clicking the icon in the Search locations field, clicking a location on the map to place a pin, then entering a name in the Location name field (formerly the Search location field).
Before creating a new location, see Quick Add Temporary Locations for important information.
- Click .
You can also click , enter search terms in the field that appears, then click a search result to select that location.