A data visualization filter is an optional feature that allows end-users viewing a report to narrow down which data is displayed by applying one or more filters selected by an administrator. The filter options an administrator can make available to end-users are determined by the object types selected in the report's data definition(s). If an admin marks a filter as Required, users must select a value for that filter on the Filters page before loading the report, otherwise, users have the option to apply filters after the report has loaded. For more information, see the View a Report article.
|The Filters feature is not available on data grids.|
To add filters to a report:
- In the Filters section, click Configure Filters.
- From the Configure Filters palette, select one or more of the following filter options:
- State: Filters the report data by the objects' current workflow state.
- Role: Filters report data by users or user groups in explicit roles that have been granted direct access to objects from the report's data definition.
A report element's data series determines if the Roles filter can be applied. In other words, if the role hasn't been added to the object types in the data series selected for a table, chart, heat map, or repeatable form, that role filter cannot be selected.
- Date & Time: Filters the report data using date ranges from a Date & Time field. If it's configured to collect the time and date, it's filtered based on the current user's time zone. See the Time Zones on Reports article for more information.
- Select List: Filters the report data by select list fields.
- Formula: Filters the report data by formula label.
- Relationship: Displays report data from a selected relationship object type and any related reference object type. For example, selecting the Risk 1 object type as a filter will also display all the Control objects that Risk 1 appears on through a relationship.
- Object Type: Displays report data from a selected object type.
- Optional: Click the icon beside Enable Filtering by Report Date to allow users to view historical data based on a selected date. See the Point in Time Reporting article for more details.
- Optional: Select the Required checkbox beside a filter. If the Required checkbox is selected for any filter, users must select a value for that filter before loading the report. Note that the Report Date (point in time reporting) filter cannot be marked as required.
- Click the icon when finished.