The Pull Data Values action automatically copies values from fields, the Geolocation property, and/or relationships and inserts them into the current object as it moves to the next state in the workflow. For example, if you needed to create an incident object from an activity, this action would automate the process by copying over important field, location, and relationship information.
- Copying field values requires that those fields are added to both object types as components. See Add Fields to an Object Type for more information.
- With the exception of Geolocations, object type properties, Attachments, and Image Attachments are not supported on this action.
- To copy geolocation information, both the parent and child object types must have the Geolocation element added to a standard form.
- Objects that have inherited geolocation information from another object through this action will appear on any relationship maps for the object types.
- It's strongly recommended that relationships that connect to a maximum of one object are selected in this action. For example, if the Activity object is related to several Person objects through the Person of Interest relationship, the Person of Interest relationship shouldn't be selected for the action. However, if each of those Person objects are related to a single Location object through the Primary Residence relationship, the Primary Residence relationship would be ideal for the action.
- If a relationship that connects to more than one object is selected for the action, data values are pulled from the most recently created object.
- To copy relationships, both the parent and child object types must have relationships with the same name that connect to the same object type group. For example, if both the Incident (child) and Activity (parent) object types have a Person of Interest relationship to the Person object type, that relationship on Activity could be selected in the action.
To add a Pull Data Values action to a transition:
- From the Edit Workflow page, add a button trigger and transition to the appropriate state or click a trigger to open the Edit Trigger palette.
- Click the icon next to the transition.
- Click Add Action in the Actions section.
- Select Pull Data Values from the Type dropdown menu.
- Enter a name for the action in the Name field.
- Select an object type from the Object Type dropdown menu. Object types are identified by their names to the left and their relationship or reference name to the right. In order for object types to appear in this dropdown menu, they must meet certain criteria. See the Important Notes section of this article for more information.
- Select the Geolocation property or one or more fields, relationships, or references to copy from the Data dropdown menu.
- Click Create.
- Ensure the trigger for this action has been added to the appropriate configurable form and the users who will be clicking the trigger have the appropriate workflow permissions. See the State Triggers on Forms and Workflow Permissions articles for more information.