An incident owner is assigned to an incident by the Incident Screener and is responsible for assigning investigators and supervisors, and ensuring an incident is complete before it's closed. All incidents assigned to the incident owner can be accessed from Incident Management > Incidents > Active Incidents, though they will also appear on the My Tasks page.
If assigned as the owner of an incident type by an administrator, owners can create and read any incident of that type without being directly assigned to it.
To view and edit assigned incidents:
Log into a user account that's been added to the Incident Owner user group.
Click the dropdown in the nav bar > Incident Management to display the Incidents activity.
- Click an open incident to open the Incident Review form.
- Optional: Click the title of the incident (e.g. INC-2019-11-26-3 Physical Security) to make changes as needed, then click away from the title to save your changes.
- Clicking one of the following buttons will perform the following actions:
Tree: Display related incident details in a collapsible tree format.
- Export: Export incident details into Excel format for use with third-party analytics tools.
- Print: View an exportable incident detail report.
- Click the Primary Incident Type, Additional Incident Type, and Business Unit fields, and begin typing keywords to display a list of available options. Click to select the appropriate option.
- Add or change the Incident Flags, Reporting Source, Severity, Incident Start and End DateTime, Fiscal Year, and/or Additional Responses by selecting the appropriate option.
- Optional: Enter the file number of the police report in the Police File Number field.
- Type in the Description field to provide additional information about the incident as needed.
- Click the + icon below Details to expand the section. Click a tab, then click + to add applicable incident details.
- Click the + icon below Record Security and type the name of a supervisor in the Incident Supervisor field to assign the incident to a supervisor. Complete the other fields in this section as required.
Click the + icon below Loss & Recovery, Links, Tasks & Action Plan, Investigation Summary, and Initial Observation. Complete the fields as required.
The Loss & Recovery section will only appear for certain incident types. The information in the Initital Observation section can be translated by clicking the icon and selecting Create [Language] Translation. To revert a specific field back to its original language, click the icon next to the desired field.
- Optional: Type the name of an investigator in the Investigator field to assign that user to the incident.
- Optional: Enter comments, tagging other users if needed, in the Comments text box (at the bottom of the page). See the Incident Form Comments article for more information on using this feature.
- Click one of the following buttons to save the incident:
|An incident cannot be closed if it contains any open or overdue tasks.|