To add a trigger and transition to a state:
- Click the icon in the top bar Data Model> Object Types section.
- Enter and/or select the object type’s name in the Search field, then click it to display the Edit Object Type page.
- Click Configure Workflow (if only one workflow exists) or select the appropriate workflow (if there are multiple).
- Click Add Trigger below the state to which you want to add the trigger.
- From the Type dropdown menu, select either Button, Timed, or Consume Orchestration Event.
- In the Name field, enter a name for the trigger.
- If you select the Button type, users can click on it for configurable forms.
- Optional: In the Description field, describe the trigger or enter other relevant information (e.g., its destination state).
- Button trigger type: a description appears when you click the icon next to the trigger in creating a configurable form. This will help you identify the trigger’s associated state and transition.
- Optional: Click the Color dropdown menu to reveal the color picker and select a new color for the button as it will appear on a form.
- You can also enter a hex color (e.g., #2C82C9) into this field to set a button color.
- Optional: In the Name field, enter a variable name.
- By default, the field or formula’s unique ID is automatically populated.
|If you selected||Then|
Timed trigger type
Consume Orchestration Event trigger type
- Click Create.
- On the Edit Workflow page, click the new trigger below the relevant state to open the Edit Trigger palette.
- Click Add Transition.
- In the Name field, enter a name for the transition.
- From the Destination State dropdown menu, select the state the object should move to.
- Optional: Click Bypass Required Fields to enable the transition, despite any required fields being empty.