To create a scheduled dispatch:
Click Schedule in the ribbon.
- Click the Create icon in the pane to the left.
- Type a date or click the icon to use the calendar to select the date under Start Time.
- Type a time or use the and/or arrows to select a time under Start Time.
Select a time zone from the dropdown menu under Time Zone.
If the dispatch is due to occur in another time zone, you must either select that time zone or make the adjustment under your time zone. For example, if a dispatch is scheduled to occur at 10:00 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time, but your location’s time zone is Pacific Daylight Time, you must either enter a 10:00 a.m. start time under the Eastern Time (US & Canada) time zone or enter a 7:00 a.m. start time under the Pacific Time (US & Canada) time zone.
- Optional: Select Daily, Weekly, Monthly, or Yearly under Recurrence if you want this scheduled dispatch to occur more than once. If you selected None, skip steps 7 and 8.
If you selected a Daily, Weekly, Monthly, or Yearly recurrence in step 6, make one of the following selections under Recurrence Range:
- No End: Selecting this option means the dispatch will recur indefinitely.
- End After: Selecting this option means the dispatch will recur a specific number of times. If you select this option, type a number or use the arrows to select the number of occurrences.
- End By: Selecting this option means the scheduled dispatch will recur until a certain date and time. If you select this option, type a date or click the icon to use the calendar to select the date, then type a time or use the and/or arrows to select a time.
- Select Every or Every weekday (Mon-Fri) to specify which days the scheduled dispatch should recur. If you selected Every, type or use the arrows to select a number of days (e.g. Entering 3 means the dispatch will occur every three days).
The Recurrence Range and Recurrence (days) sections are hidden if None is selected in the Recurrence section.
- Enter a name for the dispatch in the Schedule Dispatch field.
Select a work zone in the Work Zone field.
- Optional: Enter search criteria in the Template field. If created by your administrator, templates will pre-populate certain fields in the new dispatch.
If the selected template includes a default call sign, the on-duty officer with that call sign will be automatically assigned to any tasks on the dispatch. For more details, see the Default Call Sign section.
Select a call category (e.g. Patrols) using one of the following methods:
- Enter search criteria in the Call Category field;
- Enter the call category (activity type) abbreviation in the Call Category field; or
- Use the dropdown menu to select a call category.
Optional: Use the additional two dropdown menus under the Call Category section to select sub-call categories, if available. The last selection made in these dropdown menus will automatically populate the Call Category field.
- If a priority hasn’t already been selected based on the Call Category or you wish to overwrite this selection, select a priority (e.g. High, Medium, Low) from the Priority dropdown menu.
Optional: Select a call source (e.g. Phone Call, Email, etc.) from the Call Source dropdown menu.
Optional: Enter search criteria in the Initiated By Person field to locate and select the record of the person who provided the initial dispatch information.
Optional: Enter a phone number for the person who provided the initial dispatch information in the Contact Number field.
Select a location by choosing one of the following methods (if you need to select an indoor location point, see step 19):
- Enter search criteria in the Search locations field, then select the location from the search results;
- Click a pin on the map to select that location; or
- Create a new temporary location by clicking a global address from the search results (if enabled) or the icon in the Search locations field, clicking a location on the map to place a pin, then entering a name in the Location name field (formerly the Search locations field). You will not be able to create temporary locations unless you have the appropriate permissions in your profile.
Before creating a new location, see Quick Add Temporary Locations for important information.
To select an indoor location point, choose one of the following methods:
- Enter search criteria in the Search locations field, then select the indoor location from the search results; or
From the map or using the Search locations field:
- Open a location with indoor location points.
- Click Indoor Location Points at the bottom right of the map.
- Click the pin(s) to open an indoor location, then double-click the image to place a temporary pin () to select the indoor location and indicate the exact location of the dispatch.
Temporary pins appear as a icon for dispatchers when viewing the indoor location through the Map panel (the color of the icon is determined by the dispatch’s priority color, if any).
- Optional: Enter a description of the dispatch in the Description field.
- Optional: Enter notes about the dispatch in the Initial Notes field. Any information entered in this field will generate an initial message in the dispatch conversation.
Optional: To add officer tasks:
- Click Add Officer Tasks.
- Enter a description in the Task Description field.
- Repeat steps a-b to create more officer tasks as needed.
|Once all the required fields have been entered, the scheduled dispatch will be automatically saved by the application.|