Depending on their user group and account permissions, users can add and reply to comments on incidents and most related objects. The Comments section is found under the Communications tab on a standard form.
When enabling comments on an incident form, note that:
- Clicking Reply will create a new comment thread.
- You can tag other users in both comments and replies. To do so, type the @ symbol and begin typing the user’s name, then click to select the user. You can tag more than one user per comment or reply.
- Tagged users will receive an email notification with a link to the incident where the comment is posted. However, if that user doesn’t have permission to view the object, they will not be able to comment on it.
- If a user makes a comment and their account is later deleted, their comment remains intact.
- To edit your comment, click the text within the comment. Comments marked as resolved cannot be edited.