Library objects are used when working with activities or dispatches. These objects are specific to your organization, which allows you to quickly add important details, such as the dispatched officer or location of an activity, which can then be reviewed and analyzed at a later date. If you've purchased additional apps, additional objects will be available in the library.
Most of these objects will be created as part of your organization's implementation, but administrators with the appropriate permissions can create or edit library objects as needed for use by other Command Center users. For instructions on creating or editing library objects, see the Create or Edit a Library Object. For more information on object types, fields, and relationships, see the About Command Center section.
Standard Library Object Types
The out-of-the-box library object types for Command Center include:
- Activity Type: The category of the activity or dispatch. When a new dispatch is created in the Dispatch application, the available call categories are generated from the Activity Type library objects. These objects are mandatory when creating new activities or dispatches.
- Business Unit: A department or segment within your company. Business Unit objects must be selected when creating and configuring operational zones in Dispatch.
- Item: An item involved in an activity or dispatch (e.g., stolen cell phone or weapon).
- Location: An activity-related location (reported/visited/related activity location). These objects are mandatory when creating new activities or dispatches.
- Organization: An involved organization or the organization that responded to an activity or dispatch (e.g., ambulance or law enforcement).
- Person: The dispatchers, officers, or involved people in an activity or dispatch. These objects are mandatory when creating Dispatch user accounts.
- Vehicle: A vehicle involved in an activity or dispatch.
Library Objects in Dispatch
Library objects created in the app become available in Dispatch 5 to 10 minutes after creation and vice versa. The table below includes a list of the library objects, their equivalent references in Dispatch, and a list of required fields that must be completed before a Command Center object will appear in Dispatch.
|Modifying or deleting Command Center library objects, their fields, or relationships will likely break the connection between the app and Dispatch. As such, should you need to modify or delete a library object type or its components, contact Resolver Support for assistance.|
|LIBRARY OBJECT||DISPATCH REFERENCE||NOTES|
|Business Unit||Workgroup||Business Unit objects must be created in Command Center prior to creating a dispatch and must have Yes selected in the Available in Dispatch field.|
|Activity Type||Call Categories||Activity type objects must be created in Command Center prior to creating a dispatch and must have Yes selected in the Available in Dispatch field.|
|Involved Item||Involved Item|
|Involved Location||Location of Dispatch|
|Involved Organization||Involved Organization|
|Involved Person||Involved Person|
|Involved Vehicle||Involved Vehicle|
|Location||Location||Each Location object must have a street address, from which latitude and longitude coordinates are automatically generated. These coordinates are used to show the exact location of an active dispatch in the Maps panel of the Dispatch application. Coordinates can be added or edited from the Geographic Details tab on the Location object. See the Edit or Delete a Dispatch Location article in the Dispatch Administrator's Guide for more information.|
Location objects must be created in Command Center prior to creating a dispatch and must have Yes selected in the Available in Dispatch field.
|Person||Person||Person objects must be created in Command Center for each Dispatch user. See the Create a New Dispatch User article for more information.|