The Data Audit Trail feature creates an Excel spreadsheet that you can download that lists all the changes made to objects within a selected time frame. For instructions on exporting an audit trail, see the Export the Data Audit Trail article. For more information on the audit trail that tracks user-related events and changes, see the User Audit Trail section.
The exported file displays information under the following columns:
- Date and Time: When the object was modified.
- Unique ID: The ID automatically assigned to the object by Core to identify it throughout the organization.
- Object ID: The ID automatically assigned by the user to the object.
- Object Name: The object’s Name property.
- Action: The type of change that was made on the object (e.g., Update Object, Add Object, Remove Relationship, etc.). If Evaluation appears in this column, it indicates there was a change to a field value.
- Applied to: The element (property, field, formula, relationship, etc.) to which the changes were made. If Evaluation appears in this column, it indicates there was a change to a field value.
- Value: The actual data entered into the element.
- JSON: This information may be used for additional data analysis. Contact Resolver for more information.
- By User: The user who made the changes. If the user was being impersonated by an administrator at the time changes were made, this field will show “[User Name] impersonated by [Administrator Name].
- Object Type ID: The ID automatically assigned to the object type.
- External Reference ID: A reference ID automatically assigned to the object. This ID can be used to import data using the Data Import feature.