The ability to share previously assessed objects on an Advanced Relationship table can be used by Risk owners and Requirement owners in the Risk Management or Compliance Management apps. Example use cases include:
- Risk and Compliance: A Risk Owner from Business Unit 1 documents Controls in relation to their Risk. This user is also a Requirement Owner in the Compliance app, and they need to attest to a Requirement that relies on the same Control they documented for the Risk Management team. Therefore, they need to rely on their existing Control in a relationship because it operates the same way in relation to the Risk and Requirement.
- Compliance: A Requirement Owner from Business Unit 1 documents Controls in relation to their Requirements. Another Requirement Owner in Business Unit 2 can draw from the list of existing Controls and rely on the results of the Business Unit 1 Control in a relationship without creating a new version.
|This option is not available on reference tables.|
Before this feature can be used, the following requirements must be met:
- The Option to Link to Existing toggle beside an object type from the Workflow tab of the Edit Assessments page is enabled. See the Assessments Workflows section for more information;
- The object the user is trying to link is a clone object and its parent is also a clone object, (i.e., not a Library object); and
- The parent and child objects are not linked to the same Assessment object; and
- The Enabled Advanced option is enabled on a relationship element on a configurable form.
Once these conditions are met, clicking +Add in the Assessments section on the palette will display the option to Link to Existing (link to previously assessed data) or Create New Version of the object in the Assessments section on the relationship table.
Assessment objects will also display the dimensions and current workflow state. If the assessment has multiple dimensions, a + icon and the number of additional dimensions (e.g., +1) can be clicked to display those dimensions.