An Administrator must create a Confidential Portal Login before you can allow external and occasional stakeholders access to the Confidential Portal.
An Administrator must create a non-administrative user account for the login, and assign it to a role with access to the appropriate object type(s) and activity before they can create the Confidential Portal Login.
User Account Requirements
The user account you use to log into Resolver must have Administrator permissions.
For more information on Confidential Portal Submissions, please refer to the Confidential Portal Submissions article.
To Edit or Delete a Confidential Portal login, please refer to the Edit or Delete a Confidential Login article.
An Administrator must create a non-administrative login for use with the Confidential login, please refer to the Create a New User article.
- From the Home screen, click on the System icon.
- From the Admin Overview screen, click the Portal Settings tile on the Communications section.
Portal Settings Tile
- From the Portal Settings screen, click the + Create Confidential User button.
+ Create Confidential User Button
Create a Confidential Login
An Administrator must create a non-administrative user account for the login, and assign it to a role with access to the appropriate object type(s) and activity before they can create the Confidential Portal Login. For more information, please refer to the Create a New User article.
- From the New Confidential URL screen, enter a login name in the Name field.
- (Optional) Enter a login description in the Description field. This description will appear below the login’s name on the Confidential Login screen.
- Select a non-administrative account from the User dropdown menu.
User Dropdown Menu
- (Optional) Click the Enable IP Authorization Control toggle switch to restrict who can access this URL (based on the entries in the IP allow list). The toggle switch will be greyed out if IP authorization control is not enabled for the Org. For more information, please refer to the IP Authorization Control article.
- Select one of the following Type options from the dropdown menu:
- Form: The Form type displays a configurable form only.
- Object Type: Select an Object Type from the Object Type dropdown list. The Object Type dictates which Forms will be available to select on the Forms dropdown menu.
- Form: Select a Form from the Form dropdown menu. The Form selected will appear when access the Confidential Portal.
Form Additional Fields
- Activity: The Activity type displays the actions and views within an activity.
- Application: Select an Application (e.g., IT Risk Management) from the Application dropdown list. The Application dictates which Activities will be available to select on the Activity dropdown menu.
- Activity: Select a Activity from the Activity dropdown menu. An Activity is the part of an application where users can create, edit, and view data. The Activity selected will appear when access the Confidential Portal.
- (Optional) Pendo® Guide:
Activity Addition Fields
- Click the Create button to save your changes, the New Confidential URL screen will refresh and the system will generate the confidential Login URL. The Login URL field is a read-only field.
Login URL Field
- (Optional) Click the Regenerate button to create a new Login URL if you have edited any of the field on the New Confidential URL screen, or for security reasons.
- Using your cursor, highlight the Login URL and press the Right mouse button to select the Copy option from the Context Menu.
- Paste the Login URL in an email or document to send to a Submitter.