This article provides instructions for connecting Microsoft's Power BI with your organization's data warehouse on a Windows 10 machine.
Before following the steps below, ensure you have:
- Purchased and activated the data warehouse feature.
- Reviewed the Important Notes section of BI Connectivity via the Data Warehouse article.
- A Core user account with admin privileges enabled for the organization you wish to connect to Power BI.
- Contacted Resolver Support to obtain the Amazon certificate required to complete the steps in section 2 below.
1. Import the Certificate
To import the Amazon certificate:
- If you haven't already done so, contact Resolver Support to obtain the required Amazon certificate.
- Enter mmc in the Windows search box, then click Open to open the Microsoft Management Console.
- Click File > Add/Remove Snap-in...
- Select Certificates from the Available snap-ins pane on the left, then click Add to move it to the Selected snap-ins pane on the right.
- Click OK to close the window to return to the console.
- Expand Certificates - Current User in the pane to the right.
- Right-click Trusted Root Certification Authorities, then select All Tasks > Import to open the Certificate Import Wizard window.
- From the second screen of the installer, click Browse.
- Navigate to the saved location of the Amazon certificate, then click Open.
If you can't see the certificate file after clicking Browse, select All Files (*.*) from the dropdown menu at the bottom-right of the window.
- Complete the steps in the wizard, then close the console. It's not necessary to click Save when prompted.
2. Connect the Warehouse with Power BI
To establish a connection between the data warehouse and Power BI:
- Open Power BI.
- Click theGet Data icon.
- Select PostgreSQL database in the pane to the right, then click Connect.
- Follow the instructions in the BI Connectivity via the Data Warehouse article to access the data warehouse details from your Core user account page.
- Paste the Domain URL from your Core user page in the Server field.
- Paste the Database Name from your Core user page in the Database field.
- Click OK.
- Paste the username and password from your Core user page in the User name and Password fields.
- Click Connect to complete the process.